RsLogix 5000 Version 16 Released

RSEmulate 5000 V16

Any release date for RSEmulate 5000 V16? Kind of defeats the purpose to update to V16 if the logic cannot be simulated without actually having a PLC present

Ian

Don't know about Emulate but there are some definite reasons to upgrade. First you can run version 15 and 16 concurrently so running your emulate with 15 will still work. But you need to start getting up to speed on the new Add-in instruction. It has a lot of interesting and unique uses depending on your applications

Just reviving this thread to add a note that I am currently downloading RSEmulate V16. I almost never use it, as I have a rack with some logix processors on my desk, but I'll give it a shot.

The only thing I ever really learned from using RSEmulate 5K is that I should always leave SLOT 0 of every project empty, as that is the only slot that emulate seems to want to talk through :/

curlyandshemp said:
Any release date for RSEmulate 5000 V16? Kind of defeats the purpose to update to V16 if the logic cannot be simulated without actually having a PLC present

Ian

rdrast said:
Just reviving this thread to add a note that I am currently downloading RSEmulate V16. I almost never use it, as I have a rack with some logix processors on my desk, but I'll give it a shot.

The only thing I ever really learned from using RSEmulate 5K is that I should always leave SLOT 0 of every project empty, as that is the only slot that emulate seems to want to talk through :/

I contacted Rockwell today, and they stated RsEmulate5K V16 is available today on the distributors extranet, and available next week for general web release

Ian

Hrm... Then I wonder what 359.9MB file I'm downloading, labeled "RSLogix Emulate 5000 ControlLogix Processor Emulation Software" "16.00.00" "Web Release" :)

From the regular 'Software Updates' section of the Rockwell website.

rdrast said:
Hrm... Then I wonder what 359.9MB file I'm downloading, labeled "RSLogix Emulate 5000 ControlLogix Processor Emulation Software" "16.00.00" "Web Release" :)

From the regular 'Software Updates' section of the Rockwell website.

YOUR RIGHT!!!

that was not there 3 hours ago

Looks like emulate is posted to the public site ahead of shedule. It wa released to distributors this afternoon

Bout time I got ahead of them!
I wasn't involved in the beta of V16, but I ran around this morning (very very quietly) flashing a few of our less critical Logix CPU's up to 16 and converting the programs. So far, no glaring (or minor) problems have popped up. I'm looking forward to gradually migrating a ton of parameterized JSR's to AOI's, and building much better alarming systems then are currently in place.

(Okay, I didn't exactly run around, I did it from my desk, a building or two away from my target processors.)

Contr_Conn said:
Looks like emulate is posted to the public site ahead of shedule. It wa released to distributors this afternoon

I did the same. I've run it around & gave it a shot on a process that's in development, & the only thing I noticed is when I was developing an AOI, I tried to shift a tag up before applying it, & crashed RS5000.

No big deal, as I wasn't online, & RS5000 recovered all but the last tag I'd added.