Flex700 AC Drive

shahn4

I am in process of upgrading an existing 400hp DC drive and motor (rod-drawing) machine. I have used AC Flex700 up to 150hp in the past, and thinking of going AC on this job too.

Does anyone know of pro/cons for 400hp Flex700?

I'm not fully familiar with the PF700 but you surely can do that job with any good sensorless vector drive and an auxiliary-cooled motor.

There are a couple of solid AB guys on this BBS. Hopefully they will jump in and comment on this.

Well, we don't like to use blower fan due to oily and dirty environment.
Reliance Vector Master or Toshiba Inverter-duty motors are rated 1000:1 no-blower.

My concern is the reliability of 400hp Powerflex 700 drive. I know these are very reliable for smaller hp's but never used one this big before.