analogic inputs in s7 200

How long's your piece of string?! :)

Could you give us a little more information on what you require. The S7200's have a varied range of analogue modules (IN & OUT), and i'm sure there's something that fits your requirement.....

Yes. In several ways. It will be determined by the type of temperature sensor you choose for your application.

You could use a transmitter that gave a 4-20mA or 0-10V output and use a 4 channel analogue module, or an RTD temperature probe and use the RTD module.

EM 231 4 Analog Inputs 6ES7 231 -0HC22-0XA0

EM 231 RTD-module, 2 inputs 6ES7 231 -7PB22-0XA0
EM 231 Thermo-couples, 4 inputs 6ES7 231 -7PD22-0XA0​
EM 232 2 Analog Outputs 6ES7 232-0HB22-0XA0​
EM 235 4 AnaIog Inp. + 1 Analog Out.6ES7 235-0KD22-0XA0​

Please give more details on your application....​

Singapore_Mats said:
some temperature sensor can give pulses, that can be counted with a digital input = no need buy analog cards.

one of them: http://www.smartec.nl/pdf/DSSMT16030.PDF

Which digital temperature sensors there are and can I measure water temperature?

Does anybody have some kind of a example how to do It with S7-200 and STEP 7 MicroWIN.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Singapore_Mats said:
some temperature sensor can give pulses, that can be counted with a digital input = no need buy analog cards.

one of them: http://www.smartec.nl/pdf/DSSMT16030.PDF
The sensor mentioned gives a pulse width modulated signal relative to the temperature. The frequency is between 1 and 4 kHz. This means that you cannot use a normal digital input, but you need a fast digital input with the possibility to measure the duty cycle. The S7-200 has high speed counters, which means also high speed inputs, but it lacks the possibility to measure the duty cycle. Conclusion: you do need an analog input card of some sort to measure temperature with an S7-200.

Kind regards,

So the cheapest way to measure temperature is to buy
EM 231, 4 x AI (0…10 V, 0…20 mA) analog module?

and some kind of a temperature sensor. Which type of sensors would fit with the module for measuring water and one for room temperature?

Is there some way to monitor the temperature form PC, without using communication modules?

edit: typos