Scada Intouch8.0

gorillaz_sg

Hi friends

My scada have a error and i have no idea what is it? There is a ! sign beside the runtime button and When i run it the below error message is pop up. After that I have to power off my pc cos i cannot close or exit the scada.

Thanks in advance
Gorillaz_sg

"Assertion error"
File U:\IntouchDev\src\sc-core-Irvine\database\rundblib\rdbmisc.c line 149
Continue?

Internal error with InTouch's core programs. Contact WonderWare tech support.

It is most likely a partially corrupted application, or a completely faulty script evaluation, or an error in connecting internally to the tag database. Possibly restoring a 'Known Good' application (you do have backups, right?) or doing the tedious "Export Tagname Database", "Create Whole New Application", "Import Tagname Database", "Manually re-assign every tag connection to window/script" might fix the fault.

Hi rdrast I read in the System Management Console for the error the below message appear. U got any idea?

The License File 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArchestrA\License\wwsuite.lic' was located, but the Feature Line 'OEM' could not be found inside of it.

The License File 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArchestrA\License\wwsuite.lic' was located, but the Feature Line 'INTRACK_DEVELOPMENT' could not be found inside of it.

I dont know as much as rdrast, but it looks like your missing a line in your lic. file

This will be a string in your lic file "FEATURE INTRACK_DEVELOPMENT Wonderware bla, bla, bla your company name and lic/ser number" do you have a back up of the lic file? if not contact WW

Is this a new app? or has this been running then just died?

Those license errors may or may not be legitimate errors. Depends on what your license allows. I think WW looks for all of the possible licenses and just logs them found/not found. I'm not real concerned about them.

I've never seen the exclamation point next to the runtime button. Though there's an old trick to dealing with various assertion errors. Go into your application and delete all of the files of the following types: avl, wvw, ??k (any file extensions ending with k - like bak, cbk, etc.) Then restart View. These files are the "run time" files and when they are missing, it will force WW to recompile them. This trick has solved many, many problems with many versions of WW all the way back to 2.x that I'm aware of...

OZEE answer works very well.
I had a problem with Intouch 9.5. It showed 3 assertion errors before closing application. I used a previous backup program and did what ozee said and...voila!
Is there any way to avoid this to happen??

I'm glad this solved a problem for you! Thanks for posting!

The only way that I'm aware of to prevent this from happening is to not use InTouch. It has always "just happened" - nobody has ever been able to tell me why...

The exclamation point next to the Runtime button is the shortcut key for going from Runtime to Development and back. It is also shown beside the Development button when running the application.