Manuals for old Siemens PLCs

dexdyne

I'm being asked to suggest some mods to a PLC consisting of

series5 step 5
cpu s5-95u part number 6es50958mc01
interface part number 6es53158ma11

I can't relaly say anything sensible until I know more about the outputs it has - they are currently dri9ing some lamps, but I need to know if they are VFC, o/c trannies, or whattheheck.

I don't seem to see anywhere on the web offering to let me download the necessary docs - can anyone suggest where I can get them please?

sylent - thanks for the link - for some reason googles misses that site.

I still couldn't find the docs I wanted by inputting the part #, so I've asked tech support. TVM

Thanks Jesper - I need more info than that though becasue I want to know if I can set up a matrix of high drivers and low drivers to control many lights. SO I need total info on whether they are VFCs or just current sinks.

> I believe that the manuals you are looking for are refered as
> the "Old Testament".

well there are ceertainly more than 39 books on the web site - and I still can't find the exact ones I want :)

Hello dexdyne.
In the manual sylent linked to, you will find all relevant information pertaining to the S5-95U.
Not exactly sure what you mean with "VFCs or just current sinks". The onboard outputs are 24VDC, sourcing, max 0.5A.

A sidenote: It sounds like this is a new project. If so, you should seriously consider to ditch the S5-95U and get something more up-to-date. This even if you got the 95U for free. It has passed its sell-by date.