RSLogix 5000 Version 13

bissotoe

I upgraded to version 13 so we can use RSLogix 5000 to program the 1769-L32E CompactLogix. However, when trying to create a new project, I get a message "failed to create the project a class is not registered, error 176-800.....AB tech support suggested to uninstall V13 and re-install it. I did it and rebooted the CPU in between un-installation process. Any idea why the error message?
Thanks in advance.

No idea why it would act that way. Did their fix take care of it??

Why are you using v13 for a new project. v15 is stable and I have used v16 on 2 process upgrades already without any issues.

RSL

i also have v13.03 and created a project like your yesterday with a 1769-32E, i had no issues at all.. the only got ya was some of the modules i am using were not listed in tree (They were added after V13) i got a quick module file from ab and am good to go..(Got the module fix becouse i found out i am out of support..:( (but renewed today for 3 years so i dont forget again!!)

D

If you are using any of the RSNetworx software, there is a subdirectory on the disk called Cleanup. Read the documentation files in the sub directories. When you re-install the software try loading them in the following order:

RSLinx
RSNetworks for ControlNet (if used)
RSNetworks for DeviceNet (if used)
RSNetworks for EtherNet I/P (if used)
RSLogix5000

any additional RS Software if used in the following order

RSView
RSLogix5
RSLogix500

Spent a whole weekend with tech support working thru a simular issue several versions ago. Have always upgraded software in this order ever since and haven't had an issue

Hope this helps