SLC 5/02 and 1747-UIC

Togadude

Hi all,

Im using a 1747-UIC (Ser. A, Rev. C, FRN 1.3) with RSLinx 2.5. So far i've connected fine with 5/01's, 5/03's, and 5/04's. So i know the UIC and cables are fine, as well as the drivers. The problem i'm having is connecting with 5/02's. Has anyone heard of such a problem with just 5/02's? Thanks.

Haven't experienced any problems with 5/02's however its been many years since those were widely used.

A small side note, if the 5/04 is right out of the box you won't (or shouldn't) be able to connect with a UIC. The channel 1 port's configuration will have to be changed to DH485 first.

Last edited:
Speaking about the 1747-UIC, I purchased one when they first came out, ser A, rev A, frn 1.0. I have used it connected to a number of dh485 networks and slc processors with no problems. However, I get time out errors when trying to use it with the Panelview 550 or 1000's. I had to go back to the serial port and use the 1747-PIC in order to get them to up/down load. Does anyone know if this is because I'm using a first generation UIC or is there another "fix" for this. This is kind of the same subject, comm problems with UIC.

There were some problems with the first generation and that problem sounds familiar. Many things were fixed with the latest (v1.3 IIRC) and I haven't run into any issues since updating.

Thanks for the tip Jstoaruk! What I had to do is get an older laptop (with a real serial port) and get online with a 1747-PIC. Under channel configuration, change the baud from 9600 to 19200. Cycle power to the CPU and the UIC connected right up! Thanks again!