C-more & Micrologix on ethernet

e_pramod

Hello,

Is it possoble c-more HMI communicate with microloix 1500 using ethernet, for that i want use NET ENI module on micrologix 1500 LRP.

Is it possible

No it does not. The C-more, for some insane reason, only talks to the compact / control logix processors.

However, the nice folks at red lion make a G3 that does talk to a slc. So I assume it will talk to the ML too. PS, the micrologix 1100 has built in ethernet.

Matthias von Zorn said:
The C-more, for some insane reason, only talks to the compact / control logix processors.

Do you mean using Ethernet?

Cause I've got about 20 C-more Panels that communicate with MicroLogix 1200s and 1100s.

But they use the EA-MLOGIX-CBL.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that wasn't what he was talking about, or that you had made a mistake.

I just wanted to clarify for future refrence, incase someone else came by later and read just that sentence. I didn't want them thinking that C-mores weren't compatible with the Micrologix line of PLCs.

Its a real shame too, the C-mores are very nice screens. I assume they had some licensing spat with AB over the Ethernet/IP or such. The C-More does work over serial comms.

Ive started using the G3 that red lion makes (programming one right now), and im fairly impressed so far. A little more expensive than the C-more; but, suprisingly, it is fairly powerful. It also plays music. I have it play rock lobster or paint it black. ;)

Matthias von Zorn said:
It also plays music. I have it play rock lobster or paint it black. ;)

I was paid extra on a previous job to have the G3 play a tune to wake up the Quality Control Chap in the QC office so he could release a silo full of material before the high level tripped the machine!!! He was on around £30K per year !!!

> suprisingly, it is fairly powerful.

Surprisingly??? :)

> It also plays music. I have it play rock lobster or paint it black.

I added the RTTTL support one lunch time after we were talking about silly features we could include. Glad you like it! :)

No offense, but ive used a lot of small screens, and usually they are very restricted on layout abilities, comms, touch cells, etc. Comapre say a maple system or an old C-more to the new C-more for example. I kind of have low expectations. ;)

So far, they seem to fit my needs nicely. They are about 150 more than a c-more is, but as the c-more cant talk to a slc over ethernet, it might as well be a C-useless.

Ive another large furnace coming up, and ill probably use another 3 on that machine too. So, you can tell you boss PLCS.Net sold at least 5 G3s already!

Edit: as the president, I guess you dont have a boss. :)

MikeGranby said:
> suprisingly, it is fairly powerful.

Surprisingly??? :)

> It also plays music. I have it play rock lobster or paint it black.

I added the RTTTL support one lunch time after we were talking about silly features we could include. Glad you like it! :)

Hi Mike

Glad you guys have a sense of humour...

I keep meaning to ask Dan but keep forgetting, probably the red wine afflicted evenings!

Anyways who is COLIN ?

I was able to make the c-more work with the net-eni, but it was flakey. It would work for a while and then get some errors. It is too bad, c-more has some good programming software and graphics.

I abandoned the c-more and am putting in the Red Lion G3, it really seems to be a good piece of hardware.

I like this piece of hardware. But I am less than impressed with the programming software. Although the image library is decent.

I hope this gets back to the folks at Red Lion, if their software was as good as c-more they could sell these things easier. I would rather pay $100 - $150 for good software than spend 20 to 30+ hours trying to figure out the free stuff, it cost more in the long run.

Thanks

grish05 said:
But I am less than impressed with the programming software. Although the image library is decent.

I hope this gets back to the folks at Red Lion, if their software was as good as c-more they could sell these things easier. I would rather pay $100 - $150 for good software than spend 20 to 30+ hours trying to figure out the free stuff, it cost more in the long run.

Thanks

It takes a bit of getting used to i must admit! I find it a little like some of the older Win3.1 software, but i for one like the fact it is free and comes with all firmware updates. It is childs play to update the G3 and you dont get screwed every year for software updates.

And dont waste 20-30 hours trying to figure out anything, email redlions tech support. You will have an answer back before you can blink!

Last edited:
Matthias von Zorn said:
as the president, I guess you dont have a boss. :)

There's a guy back at our parent company in the UK that I report to, so yes, I have a boss. You've got to serve someone... :)

grish05 said:

It got back all right! If you have any specific ideas on areas we could improve, we'd be more than happy to listen and to take them into account for the next rev. We typically don't get many complaints, but we're all ears when it comes to customer feedback. Try to keep it specific, though, rather than just telling us that we should be more like c-more. Feel free to private message me if you don't want to discuss it here.