Add more integer files to MicroLogix 1000

JakBeux

The standard Micrologix 1000 PLC comes with N7:0 as integer data file, how can I add 2 more integer files, let say N9:0 and N10:0?

I'm using RS500 to program the PLC but can't find an option to add more data files.

Are there any ideas out there?

Right click on the data files folder and add new?

You can't do this as an online edit.

Unfortunately the data files in the ML1000 are fixed. You cannot add more or increase their size.
You will have to upgrade to a ML1100,ML1200,Ml1500 or ML1400 to gain that feature.

You may consider unused counters as storage for two integers in each (in preset register and in present value register), and unused timers as storage for one integer in each (in preset register).

Store integer values in unusual registers in micrologix

Thanks Guys, I had to use most of the info you offered me so far.
I managed to read and write variable bit Tags to and from the micrologix 1000 to the G3 Redlion Kadat HMI. I struggle a bit get integer values to be transfered across. The G3 programming software (Crimson 2) shows minimum value as N9:0 to read from in the Allan Bradley PLC so I'm picking I need to use at least a 1200 Micro logix, which is what I got and still only the B3:0 bit transfers are working but no integers even if I create N9:0 and configuring the HMI as such. I'm missing something but what???

Any Ideas?

I managed to read and write variable bit Tags to and from the micrologix 1000 to the G3 Redlion Kadat HMI. I struggle a bit get integer values to be transfered across. The G3 programming software (Crimson 2) shows minimum value as N9:0 to read from in the Allan Bradley PLC so I'm picking I need to use at least a 1200 Micro logix, which is what I got and still only the B3:0 bit transfers are working but no integers even if I create N9:0 and configuring the HMI as such. I'm missing something but what???

Any Ideas?

Will the crimson 2 software let you look at B3 as a word? B3:2 is no different than N9:2 if you look at the entire word.

Any Ideas?
Here's another thought. MikeGranby frequents this forum and I believe he is connected with RedLion. You might try a PM to him or post another thread with "Crimson" or "RedLion" in the title. I would also search this forum using Crimson or RedLion as the keyword if you haven't done so already.

Red lion G3 Kadet communications to micrologix 1200

Any ideas from the Redlion guys?

I have no red lion experience, but I suspect you may have not selected the correct type of PLC in the communication setup of the Red Lion. There may be multiple choices for Allen Bradley PLC type that all may work partially, but there are a few little differences in the DF1 driver among different A/B offerings that must be correctly handled by the driver.

The minimum shown in C2 is for 'custom' (i.e. not default) data files. We allow for N7 by default, but then jump to N9, as file number 8 is reserved for floating point values.

Regards,
Dan

When I got a decimal value of let say 289 in N7:1 ,does that mean I
'll be able to get that displayed as such when configuring a variable integer N0007:0001 in the G3. What else do I need to configure in order for the HMI to read this value from the Micrologix 1200?