Help with RSLogix 500 File

shawnhimself

My employer sent me an RSLogix 500 SLC Project File and on the laptop I have with me I only have RSLogix 5000 and the free version of RSLogix 500. Is there anyway I can convert the file or view it without actually having the 500 software right now?

Also I can send it to someone and if they could just save the rungs as a picture and send them back to me that would be helpful as well! Thanks in advance for any insight offered.

Shawn

I am not a pro at this, but I think that in your 5000 software under tools you can convert a SLC/PLC 5 to logix 5000. This should convert the SLC program to logix5000 format. You may then have an idea of what you are viewing.

Ken

I have previously tried that but for some reason I can't get it to work? From what I can gather, I need to have the file open in 500 and create an ASCII text file before I can convert it in 5000.

Last edited:
No, there's no more info needed. You need to contact the original programmer. Failing that, you'll have to prove ownership to AB for them to unlock it Beyond that we won't discuss breaking passwords.