Communication Status Bits for 1746-ENBT Modules

bbopn

Lifetime Supporting Member
I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I've got some remote racks that I'm trying to figure out how to check the status of the comms on the remote racks without causing a major fault on the CLX processor.

Here's a some screenshots of what I've got:

459387347_72a8dd9e2f_o.jpg

And I realize in the properties of the 1756-ENBT Module you have a checkbox that I've circled below:

459390577_023282878b_o.jpg

Is there any status bits to monitor the comms to the module without faulting the processor? I've searched the AB knowledgebase and the manuals, but the only thing that I've found is this dad blamed checkbox that faults the CLX processor. Any help or insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Bobby

You need to use the GSV instruction to get the module status.
Look it up in the help files and follow the links to the module object.

enet_mon_1.jpg

The above is for a compactlogic monitoring enet comms to other processors, but the same is a for an ENBT

as long as FaultCode is 0, comms are OK.

Ian

Thanks Gerry and Ian.... I believe this was exactly what I was looking for. Your help is greatly appreciated.

--Bobby