S7 engine alarm checking

DzonasGotis

Helo,

Maby anyone has a better suggestion for checking IN OUT error in engines?

Klaidos.JPG

This is what i use. Maby i could change timers wit something else that uses less memory? What do you think is optional way for this example?

(1) It looks like all the logic variables use fully defined data block bits. You could use the actual inputs/outputs associated with each engine, or use markers instead of global data. Note that each

A DB1.DBX0.0

instruction actually performs the following:

OPN DB1
A DBX0.0

(2) You could convert to STL view and recode to remove any temp local variables and nops/blds that are present as part of the ladder view. Note that after you have done this, you will no longer be able to view in ladder.

(3) The space for timers is pre-allocated to there is no way to release the space by not using them.

(4) If you have a DB with an array of structures applicable to each engine, you could perform the fault processing by using indirect addressing and a looping program. This will be much more difficult to follow and the breakpoint for saving space will depened on the number of engines/the amount of code in the indirect addressing implementation.

Last edited: