Panelview 1000

panelhelp

P
I've got an SLC 5/05 an 1747-sn series B RIO card and a panelview 1000 touch screen. I've been able to pass integers and floating point numbers with btr/btrs but what about simple bit logic? If I want to just hit a button on a screen and say actuate 0:08/12 do I have to go through all that trouble?

You have the ability to configure 32 output and 32 input words for discrete transfer without doing any BTR/BTW. I have attached screen shot of the Adv. I/O config. in the PLC for the RIO scanner(top shot) and the Comms setup in the Panelview(bottom shot).

In other words, if you have the SN card setup correctly you should see 32 words in the I/O data table for the slot in which the card resides. Addressed: I:s.w/b or O:s.w/b Where s=slot, w=word, b=bit.

If I want to just hit a button on a screen and say actuate 0:08/12 do I have to go through all that trouble?

With Remote I/O you will still have to create logic in the PLC to control outputs by actions on the Panelview.

However, explicit data transfer is possible with a Devicenet Panelview and Devicenet I/O.

slc_pv_rio.gif

Last edited:
ah yes, slap my forehead! The thing is though, I cannot seem to be allowed to transfer both blocks and the above method together when i download on my panelview. I've been told here that I can'd do both, is this true?

Not sure if I understand completely.

The thing is though, I cannot seem to be allowed to transfer both blocks and the above method together when i download on my panelview.
Panelbuilder32 will not let you download?

The application that I took the screenshots from is doing both. Single bits are addressed for discrete transfer, and integers/floating point numbers and some single bits are Block transfered.

Here is how my "Block Transfers" is set up in the Panelview:

rio_setup.gif