LogixPro Programming Question?

plc101

Hi to all. I'm new to the site but what brings me here is this: I'm just learning how to program in RSLogix and I'm practicing with this program called LogixPro Simulator. I'm doing the door exercise number 4 for those of you familiar with the program. I can't seem to figure out how to program the door to stop opening when I hit the close pb and stop closing when I hit the open pb. What takes place now is when the door is opening and I hit the close pb, the door starts closing. There is no halt to the door. Same goes for the door closing when I hit the open pb. I've tried timers and one shots but still not right. Is there someone out there familiar with the door exercise #4 in LogixPro?

I am as are others on this forum, and the key to getting part 4 to work is called flagging. You have to set the condition flag that says the door is moving and integrate that into the open/close logic. If you think about what the push buttons do in the logic you have, you will see where to put the flag bits.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for your reply.

As I am green and new to all the different ways to program, I am not familiar with flagging. Where can I learn more about flagging and how to use this method? I had a reply to use an intermeadiate relay for both the close and open as well? Is this a good method also?

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks Randy,

I wish you were here in Va. Beach area. Just trying to learn this PLC thing overnight... Thanks again for the knowledge.

Paul