LogixPro Syntax, accessing individual bit values.

Galileo

Hi,

I'm using LogixPro Simulator, and I'm experimenting with BSL.

I know how BSL works, but what I am trying to do is access the value of an individual bit which should be either 1 or 0.

Say, I am using #B3:6 to store the data and the length is 16. Then I insert a 1, a 0, and a 1 into it using BSL. The data on #b3:6 looks like
0000000000000101 - converted to decimal that is 5.

How do I access the value at index 2 on #B3:6? I want to know when that value turns into a 1. If I use the notation B3:6/2, every comparison I use treats it like a 5.

If I use the notation B3:6/2, every comparison I use treats it like a 5.

What instruction are you using for these 'comparisons'? I've not dealt with LogixPro, but I believe the standard comparison instructions (EQU, GRT etc) operate on the word level -- you simply can't directly look at a specific bit with those instructions.

In order to look at an individual bit, you want an instruction that operates on the bit level. The simplest such are XIC/XIO. The instruction XIC B3:6/2 will be true when that value is 1 and false when it is 0, XIO will be the opposite.

Last edited:
Adding, I already know about assigning an XIC or an XIO to B3:6/2. I suppose I could just throw a counter in and use that, but is there a way to pull a 1 or a 0 out so I can use a word comparison instead?