LogixPro Bottling 3

creroh

Hey guys, I am currently working through a PLC class using Logix Pro as the simulator. I am on the bottling exercise 3 where it grinds the glass and moves the boxes away. The whole program works fine, but when it comes to moving the boxes I have issues.

I posted an Imgur link to the photos also in case these don't upload.

The first picture should be a test program I did to prove my concept, the second should be my Subroutine (a mess right now), and the last is the main program.

In the Subroutine, I am trying to duplicate the process I worked out in my test program. Unfortunately, when GEQ goes true it is a continuous true. I need to figure out how to turn that into a single true output. Please forgive my mess here, I am at the point where I am just plugging things in to see if they work. I am not sure how to get around this in order to get the single true output I need. I have tried OSR and counters. I was hoping to solve this with just an ONS, but there doesn't seem to be one.

I appreciate any input and/or advice. This is homework so I am not looking to have my handheld, but I am also desperate for suggestions. Thank you for your time

https://imgur.com/a/1OyWS0P

Test.jpg LadderRungs 2 -sub.jpg LadderRungs1.jpg

GEQ: "continuous true" vs. "single true?"

Hmm, that sounds a lot like "Staying true as long as (i.e. as many scans as) the GEQ is true" vs. "true for the first scan only when the GEQ goes from false to true i.e. true for a rising edge of the GEQ"

If that is what you are looking for, then I think you want one of the several available "one-shot" instructions.

I'll let you figure out how they work; hopefully the help files will be of some use.

One hint: for most if not all of the one-shot instructions you will need to supply a bit that is neither the bit that generates the rising edge, nor the bit that is the output of the one-shot; that bit stores the internal state of the one-shot; you should never use that bit anywhere else in the program.