Protool - Problem Displaying Output Of Runtime Meter

R_Stone

I am attempting to inmplement a runtime meter in one of our Siemens PLCs. I am using SFC3 to start/stop the runtime meter, and SFC4 to read the meter. Everything works well. At the output (CV) of SFC4 I get the proper number of hours in an integer format. Now here is my problem, when I try to display this on my HMI (MP270B) I just get a nonsensical series of numbers rolling in the output field. By the way I am using a 313C processor

In the program, here is what is going on:

SFC3

NR = B#16#0
S = High Input
Ret_Val = MW164 = 0

SFC4

NR = B#16#0
Ret_Val = MW180 = 0
CQ = Q20.2 = high
CV = MW192 = 118 (this is my total hours in int format)

Now when I try to display this with Protool, here is what I am trying to do. I place an output field on my screen. I have selected a decimal output with a field length of 10 and no decimal places. I am not using a tag, I am accessing the memory directly. I have selected the following:

Decimal
Field length = 10
decimal places = 0
PLC = PLC_1
Type = Int
Range = M
Mw = 192

Everything compiles correctly, but like I say the display is gibberish. It looks like random numbers just rolling around.

I am very new to Siemens and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert.

When you look online with STEP7, does MW192 then display a steady value, i.e. 118 ?
Maybe the problem is that MW192 is addressed elsewhere, maybe with overlapping addresses (MD190 for example).
When looking online in the code, STEP7 cleverly traps the online values from the place you are looking. If the same address is written to from somewhere else, then you will not necessarily notice it.

In STEP7 select MW192 and use the "go to" function. In the dialog select to display overlapping addresses. This will display ALL accesses to MW192.

Also try to monitor MW192 in a VAT and see if it behaves the same like in Protool.

JesperMP said:
Hi Robert.

When you look online with STEP7, does MW192 then display a steady value, i.e. 118 ?
Maybe the problem is that MW192 is addressed elsewhere, maybe with overlapping addresses (MD190 for example).
When looking online in the code, STEP7 cleverly traps the online values from the place you are looking. If the same address is written to from somewhere else, then you will not necessarily notice it.

In STEP7 select MW192 and use the "go to" function. In the dialog select to display overlapping addresses. This will display ALL accesses to MW192.

Also try to monitor MW192 in a VAT and see if it behaves the same like in Protool.

You were absolutely correct. I DID have a conflict. I changed the MW making sure it had no similar problem and it now works fine. Thanks!!

Robert