S7 mfc42.dll error when trying to view connections

ycl

Hello,

The only thing that I have to do is download a PLC program to a 400 siemens PLC in S7.

So far no good. I cannot view the "connection" and I get an error message about mfc42.dll. My computer has mfc42.dll v6.2

Anyone has any idea on how to resolve that problem?

This is pretty much urgent since the PLCs and PCs are due to ship offshore on Monday

I would apprecite any help/idea.

Damn I wish they'd have listened to me and stayed as far away as possible from Siemens.

I gues I'll have to prepare a "I told you so" speech just in case...

I don't think this has anything to do with Siemens. I've downloaded thousands of times to S7400s and have never seen this error.

Which Step 7 version are you running? Are other programs/devices possibly interfering with the communications? Take a look in Services and see if there is something you could stop that might be causing problems, or try starting in safe mode and see if you can download then.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I may not have been clear enough. The error occurs when I double click on the "connection" icon in the program I was sent. Where you see Hardware, connections, blocks and so forth.

I tried reinstalling but to no avail. The only things on the computer are S7 (latest) and Win2k

Have you ever downloaded to a Siemens plc before ? What is your connection hardware - a CP5511 ?

ycl said:
Thanks for the reply.

Actually I may not have been clear enough. The error occurs when I double click on the "connection" icon in the program I was sent. Where you see Hardware, connections, blocks and so forth.

Ok, that has nothing to do with downloading. When you click "connections", it should bring up another screen where you can edit network properties.

Is this the full Step 7, V5.4 version? I know there is a lite version out there, and I think there is some functionality stripped out that relates to networking. I just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Also, regarding downloading, have you set up the PG/PC interface yet?

It is CP5611.

I have programmed and downloaded to a bunch of S300 (which is why I do not like Siemens, but that is a matter of opinion, I guess).

The thing is that normally, even offline, you can look at your configured connections. Now I get an error message about MFC42.dll

I am dumbfounded by it all.

Yes. I need to make sure these are configured as they should but can't because of that MFC42.dll error. The software just quits after I get that error.

I have set up the PG/PC interface and have downloaded to the S400, but I can't make sure my networks are configured right because of this problem.

We are using the full version and the people who programmed it actually bought other "upgrades" (GRAPH - SCL).

You could try this: Create another S7-400 project from scratch using your own hardware catalog and see if you can open connections. That would tell you if the problem is specific to this particular project.

Solved my problem

Gents,

This is rather humiliating. I discovered that someone used this programming console with a slot PLC and it seems that somehow the code I had did'nt like it at all.

I still don't understand the error message I got but at least I am off for the weekend.

Thanks for all the help! I definitely appreciate it.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Regs.