Garcia

Hello,

I have the following configuration:

Siemens PanelPC 577
CP5611
WinLC V4.0
Protool Runtime
ET200S

So far all the installation/configuration has worked out fine. The CP and WinLC are installed on the panel PC. The project is created on my PG. The remote island is connected with the panel PC, the hardware config is downloaded and all the red lights (on the island and the WinLC) are gone. I have added a protool application in the station configurator on the panel PC and in the project on my PG. I have compilled the the Protool appilication and transferred the .FWD file with a memory stick to the panel PC. The protool application runs on the panel PC but is unable to make a connection with the WinLC. I have tried both protocols (S7 300-400 and WinAC).
Are there "special siemens tricks" that need to be done in Step7, the station configurator on the panel PC or WinLC?

I use Step 7 pro V5.4 SP1 and ProtoolPro V6.0 SP2

Thanks for reading, and hoping for an answer,

Bert

Maybe I can help

I have same type of setup but with WinCC Flexible WinAC RTX and CP5613.

The connection should be S7 300/400 so that should be fine. You said you put the ProTool project into Station manager. I have Flex setup in slot 3. You need to make sure you are using the same slot in HW config. I would check the station first.

Station.JPG

hw_config.JPG

Hi Charles,

Thnx for your reply. I have check my station configuration and HW configuration again and everything seems to be in order. The only difference i find, is that you use WinCC and I use Protool. Below a picture with the error message i get in ProTool RT.

This is my config;

stationconfig.jpg

HWcnfig.jpg

noconnection.jpg

The only thing I see is that you have WinLC configured in the station and PC577 in the HW config. You may have the correct part number in HW config but I can't see all of it. Thats the only thing that I change. You could go to Siemens tech support site. I have seen a FAQ about setting up Flex with WinLC. It may have something in it that would help.

Please post what you find as the problem.

Charles,

My Version of WinLC is de basic version, you have the RTX version. Hence the other order number. I also tried to change the names etc. of the devices. Nothing seems to solve the problem. I also found help on the tech support site, right here: http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/17602788
I have done exactly what is written in the help file, doesn't work.
Now I have send my project to our Siemens supplier here in Belgium, to ask them what I do wrong. Hopefully they will find the problem.

Thanks for help.
Bert