WinCC Flexible MMC card

userxyz

Hi,

I have an OP277 + MMC card.

I know that the MMC can be used for receipes.

First:

What is Back Transfer ?
What is delta transfer ?

I know that you can Back-Up the whole project In the Configuration screen of Windows CE. And also restoring, so you can BNack-up the project on MMC, but, Back Transfer, isn't that the same ?

Delta Transfer - if you select this, only the data that has changed compared to what is on the HMI are transferred to the HMI. This results in a shorter transfer time than performing a full transfer (delta unselected).

Back Transfer - if you select this, this will allow you to transfer the project from the HMI back into WinCC on your PC. It might be useful if you want to allow the project to be transferred to and accessed by a PC that does not have the original project. The WinCE backup and restore will not allow you to access the project on your PC (with WinCC). That is a difference between the two.

Okay

Okay,

But Backtransfer does not need an MMC card, backup/restore does...

right ?

Imi'ike said:
Delta Transfer - if you select this, only the data that has changed compared to what is on the HMI are transferred to the HMI. This results in a shorter transfer time than performing a full transfer (delta unselected).

Back Transfer - if you select this, this will allow you to transfer the project from the HMI back into WinCC on your PC. It might be useful if you want to allow the project to be transferred to and accessed by a PC that does not have the original project. The WinCE backup and restore will not allow you to access the project on your PC (with WinCC). That is a difference between the two.

Hey,

I would advise you not to use the Delta-transfer. Ever since WinCC Flex 2004 this has caused us problems. Not updating everything. Each HF/SP I have tested it and till today it gives problems.

Jeebs