retentive timers

Hello akumar;

A non-retentive timer's accumulator will reset when the enabling input is reset; the next time the enabling bit is set, the timer starts at zero value (it times the full value of the preset, if the enabling bit is set longer than the preset).
A retentive timer's accumulator will not be reset when the enabling bit is reset, only when the timer's reset input is enabled, or when the timer is done. When the timer's enabling bit is first reset, and then set, it restarts at the last value on the accumulator.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have what is likely not a complex issue, but I am working in Automation Studio and want an accumulating/retentive timer when a...
Replies
Views
I am posting to pick your brains. I am trying to create an automated maintenace notification system for equipment. The one obstacle I think I am...
Replies
Views
Does anybody know the maximum number of retentive timers I can use in a Mitsubishi FX series? As far as I can tell it's 10(T246-T255). Problem is...
Replies
Views
Ok here is my problem. Below is a picture of the ladder i am using to control two timers. T13 is simply a looping timer that counts down from 60...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom