Sage flow meters and pricing

Hey all, Quick question for everyone. We have recently been using sage flow meters, and im finding the costs of the things to be unusally expensive. What does everyone think of these prices.

3" Sage flow meter for air, intergral mounting, remote transmitter, indicating screen, 4-20ma. 3,335
1" Sage flow meter for gas, intregral mounting, remote transmitter, indicating screen, 4-20ma, 2,835.

These prices just see really steep to me. We used to pay around 1700 for a waukee tronic flow meter. Just curious what everyone thinks, thanks.

Matt

We use a lot of Sage meters, so our pricing is much better than you indicate. I suggest you contact Jack Sheldahl at Sage and find out if you qulaify for any discounts.

Overall the Sage have done well for us. We have had a few problems, but their customer sevice is top notch and they work hard to keep customers.

Tom, I wouldnt call us "high volume" but our last job used 7 1-1/2" meters at nearly 20k. What volume do you use?

Panic mode, I cant use the others due to temperature limits and dirty gas issues (they use light on a rotoscope).

Last edited:
We use 20 or 30 a year.

One word of caution on the FCI meters - they have a very low response time, typically 5-10 seconds. In many applications it doesn't matter, but in many it does.

Other alternates I have used are Endress & Hauser (very good) and Kurz (good)