Step7 to SEW MoviPLC

Ranjith

I need some help on Siemens Step7 to a SEW MoviPLC. I need to know the status of MoviPLC from step 7. When I asked the question from SEW they said that I have to use Parameter channel from Profibus master. If there is someone with parameter channel experience pl help me.

Hi Ranjith.

I dont know everything about this, but I guess you have a SEW drive on Profibus with the socalled ProfiDrive profile. "Profidrive" is another way of saying it uses the PPO mechanism for transferring data.
PPO is split into two parts, PZD for cyclically transmitted data (normally commands and status) data, and PKW for asyclically transmitted data (mormally parameters). Try to search for "ProfiDrive" on Siemens and SEWs websites to find out exactly how these match each other.

There are some members who knows more.
You can also look for how Siemens MicroMaster drives use the PPO/ProfiDrive. The method is similar, but the parameters are different for SEW and MicroMaster.

As usual flicked thru the pages of MoviPLC manual and all the info was there.
Well, that gets my vote as the outright worst response ever to someone's attempt to help.:mad:
Jesper spends years accumulating the knowledge to answer this question, a few minutes reading your post and writing an answer, and you then dismiss it all by saying "as usual it was all in the manual". Grrrr...!!!
So other people's time on this forum is worth so little to you that you don't even RTFM first!

Ken