CPM2A - Program Protected

SbS

Hi everyone,
Is there someone here can help me out with CPM2A, I m using syswin 3.4 and when trying to upload or download from PLC, it says "The program is protected". I have cleared all memories. I have also cleared the RAM contents by disabling the backup capacitor inside the unit. Still no success. I have also tried with LSS software but the protected comes up in red. Someones help will be very appriciated. thanks

You will need to send the unit to Omron.
They should be able to remove the password.
The unit will not have a program when you get it back.
Hope this will help.

Can I change the password from syswin ? or is there any other utility that i could use to access the password area. There is no program in the PLC unit. As I have actually removed the program by disconneting the internal backup capacitor for the RAM.

Thanks gtsupport.

Silly question, but I am assuming that you dont have a printed copy of the code that was already in the PLC?

As GT suggests, you need to send it back to Omron to remove the password.

There is as with most PLC's a "backdoor" entry, however it requires the use of a hand held programming console,which I am assuming you do not have.
The programming console can set the unit in its OS system with direct program access and therefore throw password checks offline.
You can then read the password in a location and reboot , enter password and you will be running.

However all this is for nop if you do not have the hand held programmer!!

Even though I do not put passwords on any of my applications, sometimes they are put on for a reason ( whatever that may be )

There has been threads on this topic before, and normally the methods are done via pm, if the need arises!

Should the method be removed?

My apologies to those i may have offended, I shall keep the password information private and to myself.
I myself do a lot of OMRON programming and do not belief in locking the owners of the machine out of their equipment.
There are indeed many a reason for and against passwords, but so be it.