Need to move an AB SLC 5/05 processor programming to the new ControlLogix 1756-L55

piscis

How difficult will it be to move an AB SLC 5/05 processor programming to the new ControlLogix 1756-L55?

We have an application already written with the 5/05 that includes Analog Inputs and outputs and discrete Inputs and outputs.

Can anyone share some comments about the options available for doing this?

Is there a reliable converter? Would it make more sense to re-write the whole thing? Would RSLogix 5000 be able to open an RSLogix 500 file reliably?

Thanks

There's a converter built into RSLogix 5000.
However, the results are not perfect, and do not do justice to the CLX platform.
My inclination would be to re-write.

Similar Topics

Hi there, I have a new Simatic S7-400 with CPU connected to a rack of 2x ET 200M (IM 153-1) terminals which supply 4 x I/O boards each. I have...
Replies
Views
I am using a 1771-SDN Devicenet module on a PLC-5 I have it in slot 0 but need to move it to slot 1 of this group. Because I am adding a E-Net...
Replies
Views
Need help on EV Move utility for activation key using ICOM version 6.19 for PLC2. I am converting a PLC2/17 to a PLC5 and have a dieing DOS PC...
Replies
Views
I've got this 3-phase 575V motor that we're controlling with a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive), which has been quite the learning curve in itself...
Replies
Views
I'm fairly new to Rockwell software, I've had some basic training in the past but nothing too advanced. My company and I use Reliable products for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom