How PV550 to display decimal point

Edwinsky

I'm using Panel Builder32 V3.61.00 (free from AB) and a PV550 cat 2711-K5A2 ser. B rev. D frn 1.07. My data is a 4 digit integer from thermocouple input of SLC 5/04 and I want this to display on PV550 as 4 digit with 1 decimal point, example 1048 will display 104.8. I tried to put a value of .1 on scale window but i recieved an error of "scale value of .1 not valid or not in range"

Can somebody tell how to scale it correctly on PV550?

Thanks in advance.

In the tag editor, do you have the tag type set to signed or unsigned integer? I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't let you change the scale value. Keep in mind that the tag max and min values should be entered in terms of the scaled value, i.e. if you want a max of 104.8, enter 104.8 not 1048.

In the properties of your numeric entry or display object, your field width should be 5 and decimal point should be fixed with a position of 1.

Last edited:
Edwinsky said:
I tried that several times, i recieved error when validating.

Are they just warnings or errors? I can remember having to ignore warnings I could not get rid of when doing scaling very similar to yours in a 550. I don't know if it was software revision or firmware related, but the application compiled, downloaded and functioned just fine.

Does PanelBuilder32 ver. 3.61 support floating point tags? ( I don't have that ver.)
If so convert your data to floating point in your SLC and pull that from the SLC.

Thanks for your replies.

kulyor,
I tried both signed and unsigned integer. I wanted to display 0 to 750 deg C because it is the range of thermocouple so I put this as my min & max. Yes my field width is 5, fixed decimal point position 1.

OkiePC,
My PB32 does'nt allow to validate.

Mickey,
I doubt this version of PB32 does not support that kind of tags. It does'nt even allow me to use floating point tags.

I want to post my simple program so you guys can try it in you version of PB32. Can you guide me how to attach this program?

Edwinsky,
I opened up your file in Panelbuilder 3.82. Some of the tags did not have node names or addresses associated with them, but that was the only thing that caused the validation to fail. I filled in the missing information and then it compiled fine. No errors relating to the scale value, so it could be a PB32 version issue.