AB Radkit modem

godfrey

Have you ever dialed remotely into a SLC or Micrologix which was connected through a Radkit modem? I have. If I end the call and close RSLinx and then restart RSLinx again later, why does the program automatically launch the dial out sequence which I had done last? I have RSLinx on two computers with different versions; 2.43 and 2.50 which both do the same thing. Maybe I don't end the call properly. What I do to end the call is to go off line with the PLC and then File/Exit from RSLinx.
Is there a different or proper way to hang up the call?

The drivers in RSLinx can be configured to 'startup' differently. It sounds like you have the Modem driver to start automatically. It has nothing to do with the slc/modem, and everything to do with RSLinx's driver configuration.

Good luck!

My guess is RSLinx is doing what its supposed to do ( make a connection when its started, with whatever driver is configured). Try unchecking the "Use Modem Dialer" before existing RSLinx.

UncheckUseModemDialer.jpg