Emerson AMS Device Configurator will not recognize Viator modem?

timothy585

Supporting Member
I purchased a Viator HM-PF-USB-POWERX HART modem specifically because I was told it worked with Emerson AMS Device Configurator. But, Device Configurator will not recognize the Viator when I start the program.

I had Instrument Inspector installed previously and it would not recognize the Viator either.

I followed the Emerson application note for installation and everything seems to be setup correctly.

1. Uninstalled AMS Instrument Inspector.
  2. P&F modem driver installed correctly. "Viator Interface" shows up in Device Manager and is assigned a port.
  3. Softing mobilLink-Power installed fine.

The problem IS NOT the AMS software recognizing a particular end-device. The problem is that AMS Device Configurator will not see the Viator modem.

Various Pactware packages work just fine with the Viator, so it's not a OS issue...must be something specific to the AMS config.

I ran the "ViatorCheck" utility that came with AMS and it recognizes the modem.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim