Emerson/GE RX3i RS485 2 wire

moistcat

Hi there,

Trying to get some ascii serial communications working via RS485 (COMMREQ functions).

I have attached our wiring for the COM2 (SUBD15) port.
Does this look correct?

When hooking up a RS485 usb converter to the port to view outgoing PLC commands, our PLC's send commands contain the correct number of bytes, but bytes are all rendering incorrectly.

Any common COMREQ settings or tricks that are often overlooked would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Topics

Hi there, I'm doing some extensive testing and commissioning with a slew of new Emerson PACSystems RX3i PLCs. It would be convenient to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First time poster, long time viewer of these forums. Could not find my solution on here. We have had issues with a Comm Fail on an...
Replies
Views
Spoke to a few outlets including Emerson and some distributors. Apparently updating firmware on subsequent modules past the CPU still uses...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I need your help. At one of my company instalations we have GE90-70, and we're going to replace it with some newer PLC. I prefer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a machine running with a GE RX3i system (including a few remote RSTi Profinet nodes). This control system installation is now 10 years...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom