Emerson GE RX3I Winloader - Firmware Module Update Failure

ZestyMozzarella

Lifetime Supporting Member
Spoke to a few outlets including Emerson and some distributors. Apparently updating firmware on subsequent modules past the CPU still uses winloader which I have used before on older 90-30 models.

Trying to update firmware on a IC694APU300A and it doesn't seem to work.

IC694APU300A (updating it’s firmware w/ winloader)

It’s just the first one in line to have firmware updated. It’s on main rack slot 5. Here’s my USB port:

USB.jpg

CPU Set.jpg

Here’s my serial tester saying it’s good in practice:

Serial Test.jpg

Here’s winloader loaded green and set up:

WinLoader Settings.jpg

Even if the update baud is higher…it fails no matter what. Tried different baud rates downloading to CPU and setting port settings…nothing.

WinLoader Output.jpg

Just keeps trying and trying…nothing…a wall :(

I'm using the correct CBL316 cable attached to a MOXA USB adapter. Anyone have any idea what the malfunction may be besides the user! heh...

Have you been able to connect to the serial port using Machine Edition?

The serial port should automatically switch from RTU slave to SNP slave when Winloader tries to connect, but have you tried configuring the port for SNP slave? Have you also tried changing the interface from 4-wire to 2-wire?