Moisture Content Analysis On A Moving Belt Line

R_Stone

I have an application on which I need some suggestions.

We have a large dryer that is basically drying a flyash material before we send it to classifiers for sizing and separation.

My boss wants me to install some sort of moisture analyzer that will work on a moving beltline in order to throttle gas flow and control the dryer temp.

The material is dumped into a hopper and drops onto a troughing conveyor which rises at a 30 degree angle until it reaches the dryer hopper approximately 25 feet away.

So I basically need something I can mount over the beltline that will read percent moisture and can send a 4-20 signal back to my PLC to control the temp.

I have done this in coal washing facilities, but that was 25 years ago and I just can't remember what we used, and I assume the technology is much better now.

What do you think?? Doable??

Robert

Quadrabeam

Look for Quadrabeam. They are in New York state, Elmira I think.
I have used these for measuring sand moisture in Glass Batch Plants
in several Australian Cities.