Array compare

micahg

I'm working on a project using a Flexlogix plc. I need to be able to compare 2 arrays of 15 words and see if they are the same. I want to comapare (array1[0] = array2[0]) all the way thru (array1[14] = array2[14]) and see if both arrays are equal. Is there any easier way than using 15 equal statements. I've got to do this for 20 functions and that would be 300 equal functions. There must be an easier way. Thanks..
mg

You could also use a For/Next loop. The L5K platforms all support For/Next loops in ladder and ST. Check out the FOR instruction.

It looks like the FSC will work to do what I asked for. How about if I want to start with word 2 of array one and compare it to word 2 of array two, length 10. It looks like the FSC will only allow me to start with word 0 and what ever length I set. When I try to set the starting word, it gives me an error. Any suggestions here, or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Thanks..

mg

You can initialize the control word .POS to whatever offset you want to start at. You must also change the Length accordingly. For example, if you want to check from offset 2 to 15, the Length would need to be 16. The expression should look something like the following:

array1[cntr1.POS]<>array2[cntr1.POS]

where cntr1 is the control word. If the cntr1.FD bit is on right after the FSC instruction, then there is at least one word in the arrays that do not not match.