IDec PID loop

dyearous

Does anyone know how to control a PID loop for a Idec FC4A- PLC

What is going on is the Destination Operand D1 (Manipulated Variable) will go from 32767 to -32768. I want to stop it at 0 to 100 if possible.

Any ideas?

David

Try making a "linear conversion" where -32768 = zero and 32767 = 100.

Sorry for the belated post...I only joined a couple of weeks ago and I have noticed a marked absence of IDEC topics. As IDEC is my chosen venue, I searched the achives for "IDEC" and found your UNANSWERED question. It just so happens I was trying to use the PID command for an FC4A just last week and ran across the same issue. It turned out that I wanted to have more control INSIDE the PID loop so I could scale it to the performance curve of a large pump so "I" actually gave up and wrote my own with limits of zero to 4095 to use with an analog output. But not before I came up with the idea to limit the upper and lower limits with the XYFS and CVXTY instructions as described above. (You're not really limiting them, just molding them to your will.)
I realize It's too late to help with the original project you asked about, but tuck it away for next time.....

Stationmaster