CompactLogix L32E and 1769-HSC

plcengineer

Guys,

I am having problems with a 1769-L32E processor with a 1769-HSC. Now, I flashed the processor to V16 and I added the card in the Bus Chassis and it has the little yellow exclamation point on it and the card. After a few seconds, it faults the processor. I seen a error about wrong link address or something to that affect. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening. All I have in the rack is a power supply, plc and the HSC card.

Thanks,

1769-hsc

In RSLogix 5000 under the I/O configuration folder (at the bottom), right click the 1769-HSC. Select Properties and under the connection tab unselect the checkbox for "major fault if connection fails in run mode". This change will prevent a major fault on in run mode.
I had a similar problem with the 1769-ASCII module. It worked fine but I kept getting major faults when the processor is placed in run mode. I guess if the configuration does not match the installed card exactly, this event will be triggered.

Do you have the 1769-ECR terminating end-cap attached to the right of everything on the Compact I/O bus ? The I/O bus will fault (and thus the controller will fault) if you don't have that terminating cap.