S5_H Reset

osamamalhy

hello
i have a steam boiler running under the control of siemens S5_H , i need to do total reset of that PLC , is there any Special steps to that? kindly help
Regards

I think you would want to first shut down the boiler. When you reset the PLC, things may not work as normally expected. A steam boiler is not something on which to run experiments.

i need to do total reset of that PLC

Not sure with the 'H'

But if you have 2 switches, 2 position run/stop and 3 position NR/RE/OR

For a normal reset put the switch in the NR position take the other switch and put in from run to stop to run, this will reset the CPU

If you hold the switch in the OR position and move the other switch from the run/stop/run this will clear the CPU memory....

*** you can and will loose your program *** make sure you have a current copy of your program you will need to reload it

As I said not sure what the H is, if its a 95 then this will not work

geniusintraining said:
Not sure with the 'H'

But if you have 2 switches, 2 position run/stop and 3 position NR/RE/OR

For a normal reset put the switch in the NR position take the other switch and put in from run to stop to run, this will reset the CPU

If you hold the switch in the OR position and move the other switch from the run/stop/run this will clear the CPU memory....

*** you can and will loose your program *** make sure you have a current copy of your program you will need to reload it

As I said not sure what the H is, if its a 95 then this will not work

I think he is referring to the S5-115H which, I believe, was the S5 115 with hot backup. If it is a S5-115, then your toggle switch sequence is probably correct

Ian

Do you need to do a total reset because youy have switch the power off or install new hardware ? Or is there a problem with the software.

I only worked briefly with a S5_155UH but to shut it down properly you first have to switch the slave CPU into stop and then the master .On start-up ,power-up both PLC's with switch in stop then start the master first and when run-up complete then the slave CPU.Run-up should be complete when only green LED and nothing flashing anymore on the master.

Bye

Eric