Rsview Studio Question

24fretslater

Hello, I'm new here, this is my first post and my reason for finding this site. I'm working with RSVIEW Studio, a panelview plus 400, and a Micrologix 1200 PLC. After Setting up communications, i downloaded my panelview application and once it finished, i realized i had downloaded the WRONG application which just so happened to be a TOUCH SCREEN app with no "go to config" button on the main screen. In order to download the RIGHT application, I need to set up comms and/or change the node address on the panelview itself, but i can't get to the configurations now. I'm a noob in training and i work with my brother who only tells me to figure it out myself... As of now,, i can't get my laptop to see the panelview and i cant get to the config screens in the panelview. Can anyone tell me how i can get the application that i accidentally downloaded, OFF of the panelview, or some way i can get to the config screens? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you forr your time.

Instructions:

1. Unzipp attached recovery.zip or recovery400600.zip(for 400 and 600 PV Plus)to a compact flash card.

2. Insert compactflash in PanelView Plus or VersaView CE, (Warning!!!!
This will automatically delete all *.mer files in the \storage card\rockwell
software\rsviewme\runtime directory, use at your own risk) you should see a momentary flash of a white screen.

3. Take out the compactflash card

4. Recycle power on the PanelView Plus or VersaView CE

5. You should see "Error: Runtime file not found at 'Storage card\Rockwell Software\RsViewME\Runtime\*.mer'. Please verify the correct file name
was given. Press 'OK' [F7] This should lead you back to RSView ME Station.

6. Go to Terminal Settings-->Networks and Communications-->RSLinx Enterprise Communications and press Restore Default [F3] (This will
enable you to download via Serial DF1 or Ethernet, if you have forgotten to add your Serial DF1 driver and/or Ethernet driver to you target).

7. Reset PanelView Plus or VersaView CE and recompile mer file with proper communication settings on the target tab.

All you need is the recovery file.

Alternatively:

1) Rename the appropriate attached file to autorun.exe and copy the file to a compact flash card. There are two attached files, one for the PanelView Plus 400 and 600 terminals, another for the PanelView Plus 700, 1000, 1250, and 1500 terminals.
2) Insert the compact flash card into the terminal. The program will automatically execute. (The execution of this program is silent. There is no user interface and no indication that the program had run.)
3) Wait 30 seconds.
4) Remove the compact flash card.
5) Reboot the terminal.
6) Re-configure your terminal settings as desired.

Either way youll need a CF card but theyre pretty cheap and easily obtainable.

You should be able to get the files from the AB website, though you may have to register to get to them.

Hi

If you plug a USB Keyboard into the USB port

in the back and then pres the shift,Ctrl,windows and alt key

together you can stop the project and it brings you to the config

screen.I have used this many times and it works well

Exactly what i needed...an efficient solution...and to think i almost spent the time and money to get a compact flash card and find the files when ive been using a usb keyboard this whole time! Thank you both for the replies! SLC gets owned by Donnchadh! LOL

SLC_Integrator said:
Funny eh.

Maybe next time you need help I wont bother posting.

I know what you mean, but if it's any consolation,I made a copy your post (for future reference), and if nothing else it is now searchable on this site. I personally thought it was a top notch answer.

i was just playing, don't take me so seriously, i love messing with you guys already. i very much appreciated your reply and meant no offense. who am i for disrespecting such a knowledgable answer that you took time to provide. thank you again.