mitsibishi FR-40-ER communications

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have been given the task of finding a way to communicate with this plc. (mitsibishi FR-40-ER) I have the Medoc software.
I also have an interface module that snaps right onto the PLC. I have the cable from it going into a Converter (rs422 to something, cant read it) This converter has a mini jack on it for a 12 volt power input. From this point I am told the converter plugs into an adapter (which I dont have) :rolleyes: and then into a parallel to serial interface (which I do have). :)
Coming from this interface is a ribbon cable with a rectangular plug that I assume needs an adapter to plug into the computer.
I appologize that I cannot give more info. I was able to find on person at work that remembered seeing this mess hooked up once and that was about 5 yrs ago. banghead
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

bonkhead

Any thoughts at all? Should we just plan on replacing these? We have 15 CNC machines that use these in thier safety panels.
thanks
bob

Still interested in a anwser ??

Tommorow I'm able to find out how you should connect.

I'm also working a lot with old PLC's. Museum pieces....:>) :p

Greatings JV

Check with your local Mitsubishi office. Since you already have the part that plugs into the plc I believe all you need is a P/N PCX-KIT-1
and it sounds like you already have some parts of that kit.
MItsubishi