Calculate rpm with Mitsubishi FX1N

JIMCON

Hello..

I need to read some pulses from an inductive sensor on an engines and then calculate the rpm and then show rpm in a E1071 panel.. how sould i do this? Is it possible to use a digital input for the pulses and then calculatee the rpm ?? And how do i calculate the rpm

apriciate all help..

First some questions need to be answered
1. Expected rpm?
2. Number of pulses per revolution ?
3. Do you have high speed inputs? If yes what are their specs?
4. The sensor, what are it's specs?

The rpm will be around 7000 rpm
Im using an Mitsubishi FX1N PLC. I dont know if there is any high speed inputs on it.
I use a inductive sensor mounted over the crankshaft.
One pules per cycle on the crankshaft..

Last edited:
You can use high speed counters with FX1N, but remember this will automatically assign inputs X0,X1 and X3 to the counter so they cannot be used in the rest of your programme.

For more information look in the programming manual.

spd.png