Controllogix function block diagram

pauly

I am using the PIDE function in controllogix and the automatically created tags for the PIDE don't seem to be avaliable to the rest of the other routines. Is this a Function Block Diagram thing or am I missing something?

Well, this is going off a year old memory, and I wasn't directly involved in the project at the time. It seems that if a FB was created with controller scoped tags, the FB would not work. Therefore, you had to use program scoped tags. Since they're program scoped, you can't access them from other programs.

This was confirmed with tech support at the time. A major PITA!

I think you created the tag as program scope instead of Controller. In controlLogix, you can have both. Program tags are only available within the actual program and Controller scope tags are available anywhere.

It might sound weird but it is very usefull when you have multiple machines that are identical. You can have all the logic tags to that machine as program tags. Then map in/out. So after you make one machine. Just need to copy and change the map in/out.