tag export import in rsview se 4

volga

anyone has tried editing of hmi tags and alarm labels with export import of csv files . we have some 5000 hmi tags and when we tried to import after adding only description and hihi lolo like alarm label. the alarm server of rsview had crashed badly and there were no alarms at all. there was a major threat on instrumentation dept.

also this was successfully done by me on DeltaV system. i dont know what went wrong. thanks to some ghost image software , with the help of that software we saved working image of data server to HDD and later restored it at the time of problem.

now we have to manually enter description for all 5000 tags one by one.

it is really eye straining task to edit 5000 tags manually and that's why ab has provided tag import export utility.
ok leave it bcoz i think this is BUG in rsview which had crashed alarm log server.

thank you for ur reply.

I don't edit them manually.
I create my base tags, export them (Tags and alarms), modify, duplicate, tweak them in excel, and reimport them.
I'm saying, that I don't crash on re-import to a live server.

Are you fully patched up to the latest revision? (I think there was a rollup in July or August).