pass through ethernet - devicenet

Geza Kelemen

Till now we used SLC500 on our machines. I was able to setup

devicenet by using pass through ethernet - devicenet, on SLC

processors. I like to use this on ControlLogix5550 system.

Where to start? For the beginning are too many books to read

and time always short. ( if somebody knows the book number )

Thank you.

Use RSNetworx for ControlNet and browse to the network. There really is nothing to do at all to get access to a Devicenet via Ethernet on ControlLogix systems. RSNetworks uses Linx to browse out to your network.

Was that easy enough. It amazes me how many questions are asked where people have obviously NOT tried anything. They just post and wait to be spoon fed. Rant complete.

If you are new to ControlLogix and familiar with DeviceNet then DeviceNet is the least of your problems. You will have to read some books about CLX systems at some point.

Check the help tab in RSLogix 5000, you will see the gateway to knowledge. Almost anything youy need to figure out is covered in the manuals and help files found here.

RSL

RSLinx automatically browses through any Logix-family communication network to the 1756-DNB and out onto the DeviceNet network. The only problems you can have is if your hardware is newer than your EDS file set, and if you download the current RSLinx 2.51 software then you will have all the current EDS files. RSLinx 2.51 also includes a feature to upload EDS files from all ControlLogix family communication modules.

RSNetworx for DeviceNet versions 7 and 8 also now feature the DeviceNet Tag Generator Utility for creating UDTs and tags associated with the devices you map into the 1756-DNB memory. Make sure you have one of these versions of RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

If you already have a little DeviceNet experience, a good book to start with to learn about the DeviceNet capabilities of ControlLogix family controllers is:

DeviceNet Modules in Logix 5000 Control Systems, publication DNET-UM004

Thank you for the information. This forum helped me in many cases

to solve and to find answers to my problems.

Here in Romania (22 million populations in East Europe) we have one single A-B office in Bucharest, my place is about 400 km away.

I'm almost 50 year old, and I’m a little frustrated, now I have to learn something new. In this part the world A-B PLCs are not very

popular. We mainly are using Siemens and Omron. Hard to find somebody trained in A-B systems.

Today the packages will arrive I can start to find out the secrets off ControlLogix PLC.

Thank you again.

Geza