Weinview pass through

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I replied to an earlier post with this scenario but decided to start a new thread
in the hopes someone has tried this before.

I have been attempting to do Pass Through with an Allen Bradley 503 I have connected to HMI through Serial Port rs232.
When I attempt to make changes in the Project Manager (EB8000 using a Weinview MT8070iH) I get the following warning Please Select "Run as Administrator" to execute Project Manager!! I am the administrator on this laptop and cant seem to make changes in this application.
My main question if I can get this enabled will I be able to use the HMI as a Serial to Ethernet converter for a network on the machine. I am currently using the 1761 NET-ENI which is limited.
I have not used the Weintek/Weinview extensively and am try to figure out all its possibilities. Thanks