OT: Home project needs hysteresis or mag brake

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am experienced with Magpowr (magnetic power systems) B-series magnetic particle clutches and brakes and have a home project/experiment that requires a cheap one with a good deal of variable torque.

http://www.magpowr.com/curves/b25.pdf

I have looked at hysteresis brakes online too, and they look appealing.

I need to have about 50 ft. lbs of peak torque and at least a commercial grade duty cycle...the B-25 above costs a little more than I want to spend on a hobby/experiment...

Anybody got a used one laying around?

:)

Paul

I could tell you but...

Just an old pipe dream I've had for years that may actually be marketable.

Therefore, I need to get a prototype built before I disclose too much.

If it works out, I will at some point be able to discuss it in more detail.

EDIT for further intriguement, I am also in need of four load cells with amplifiers that can generate 4-20ma or 0-10vdc...and a cheap tubing bender for round steel structural tubing.

Last edited: