Fix32 Ver 6.2 to ver 7.0 upgrade price

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I made a post last month about the price to upgrade the Fix32 V6 to iFix with Fix Desktop ver 4.0.

As it turned out, I do not need iFix , only an upgrade to FIX7.0

I contacted our distributor about the order change, but the price we were quoted for a FIX32 V 6 to V 7 is still 75% the price of a full blown iFix package.

I think we are getting hosed by the Canadian distributor by paying over $5K to upgrade.

Any thoughts, or is this normal practice to get us to switch to iFix ?

Why not work with the DEMO cd? It is full blown with only the requirement of the key.
Your version 6.x key should work.
I paid 4300 for the version with the key. (But you don't need it for dev)

SNK said:
Why not work with the DEMO cd? It is full blown with only the requirement of the key.
Your version 6.x key should work.
I paid 4300 for the version with the key. (But you don't need it for dev)

The V6.2 key was from Intellution circa 1996. V7.0 is looking for a GE Fanuc key.

I think our distributor is selling us a full blown package rather than the cost of an upgrade. We quoted our client an upgrade, so we have to follow through with it. The V6.2 key does not work with V7.0, I have already tried that.

You do not need a new key. You need an old CD. Fix7.0 has been around for years and an old Intellution CD will work perfectly well with your V6.2 key.

Andybr

Hi

I have also upgradet from 6.15 to 7.0 and used the same key.

The price for the upgrade is more and less the same i'am told.:mad:
Banker

SNK said:
I thought that I was correct.
I am just in the midst of trying to use the version 7.0
Yes, it works.

The FIX ver 7.0 I have was supplied from GE fanuc and the old Intellution dongle is not recognized by the FIX

Ian

Is is Intellution
SO 36274-003
AIPNYBHFT-RMCE?

IF so, this is what I am currently using on version 6.x, and will migrate to Win2K with Fix32 version 7.0.

We looked into the cost a while ago from 6.x to 7 and were told to just renew the support contract and that would get us the upgrade, at a much lower cost than the actual upgrade itself.

The changed dongles I have two versions that are at 7.0. One uses a rainbow dongle, the other is a hasp key. If you load the .dlls for the rainbow driver, you can use your old key with 7.0

curlyandshemp said:
I made a post last month about the price to upgrade the Fix32 V6 to iFix with Fix Desktop ver 4.0.
I think we are getting hosed by the Canadian distributor by paying over $5K to upgrade.
Any thoughts, or is this normal practice to get us to switch to iFix ?
Yes, if it costs too much stay with what you have, very simple.

RussB said:
Yes, if it costs too much stay with what you have, very simple.

Wish I could. The 6.XX version does not run on my laptop with XP and all kinds of Rockwell FactoryTalk stuff, but does run on the plant's XP PC with no other stuff other than Windows, Rslinx and FIX

Ken Moore said:
The changed dongles I have two versions that are at 7.0. One uses a rainbow dongle, the other is a hasp key. If you load the .dlls for the rainbow driver, you can use your old key with 7.0

Dongle is from 1997 from Intellution, that allows FIX 6.XX to run. Even without key, FIX will run with a time limit Fix 7.0 is looking for a GE fanuc security key, and without will not even launch

I have the CD in front of me, it is GE-FANUC labelled, FIX 7.0, April 2003.
It runs your older application, NO problem, with the OLD Intellution Key I mentioned above on my W2K platform.
I got the CD from my vendor, probably the SAME vendor as you.
They go through sales people very quickly....
I did buy a new copy of Fix32, version 7.0, that shipped with a RAINBOW technologies key, but I am using the old Intellution key used with our older systems.