Siemens Flow meter MAG5100 with MAG6000 Transmitter

henno2000

Hi,

I have purchaed the above instruments to measure flow in one of our pipelines. For ease of communication I was going to use PROFIBus and import the GSD file in SIMATIC Manager.

For the application that it is to be used for, I am wanting to measure the flowrate.

Is it best to use PROFIBus, or simply use the outputs supplied from the instrument?

Also, does anyone have any examples of a function block that can be used for this instrument?

Regards,
henno2000

Similar Topics

Hi ,when i check the 4-20 ma output from flowtransmitter with multimeter ,it can shows 4 ma , but when i check with process meter it only shows...
Replies
Views
good , how do i calculate the instantaneous flow according to the flow totalizer in the tia portal ? 1 pulse = 1m3/h
Replies
Views
See the attached pic ("workflow"). I want to create 2 workflows, depending on if the person who's just logged in is an OPERATOR or an ADMIN...
Replies
Views
in the scl code written in screenshot Line 1 condition is false but still the program checking the line 2 condition and says it is true i had...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am beginner with a PLC Systems and i have a couple of questions about flow measuring with a Siemens S7-300 PLC. I need to measure flow in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom