Profibus app

kevintfa

Hello everyone, i have an application with a siemens 315 cpu controlling a siemens I/O rack, two siemens drives, an ABB robot and a G2-2 numatics valve pack with profibus DP. The last station on the profibus line is the G2-2 numatics valve and I/O station. They are using a turk RKSW 2RSSW 45 bus tee with a terminating resistor. I need to add another G2-2 station which i already have in and powered up. Do i use the same T to branch off from the old G2-2 station to the new one and just move the terminating resistor?

simnply duplicate the T on the new item, move the terminator to this new T and bung a bit of cable inbetween, not forgetting to set the node address.

Similar Topics

A link provided by Dchartier in the "Shielding and grounding of Profibus" thread pointed to ProfiCoach software app that is a Profibus PA master...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was noticing that Profibus connectors have 2 ports on them that can house 2 separate cables. Can I use 2 cables with Profibus signals...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in possession of a WAGO PFC 200 750-8216 which I was successfully able to set up as a Modbus RTU Master to a slave device using...
Replies
Views
I am trying to implement a profibus network and am a newbie in the automation and communication industry. what are the components required for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using TIA Portal V18. I have imported a (v5.7) SIMATIC manager project via device proxy. I have created a HMI project (TP700) in TIA...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom