Simatic S7 question

arocon

In FB Block there are parameters : IN, OUT, IN-OUT,STAT,TEMP; I understand IN- INPUT, OUT- OUTPUT but others are I could not understand ; Can anybody explain ?

Similarly in FC Block there are parameters: IN,OUT,IN-OUT,TEMO,RET_VAL; I understand IN- INPUT but others I did not understand & what is the difference OUT & RET_VAL.

In OB block what is use of TEMP parameter ?

arocon

IN - Input parameter, updated on entering the block
OUT - Output parameter, updated on leaving the block
IN-OUT - updated on entering and leaving the block
TEMP - Scratch flag,it has no memory and could be in any state, so you have to condition it before use.
STAT - In FB's only, internal memory for the FB, data stored in the instance DB
RET-VAL - I've never used this, I believe is you reset this on leaving then the RLO becomes false, i.e in ladder if a coil is after the block it will be off.

FC's - If you want to guarantee that data sent in via the parameters is in a state known to you and then you want to modify it, then use an IN-OUT. Although simple addresses are updated comples ones are not, so to be sure I would always use an IN-OUT.

FB's - not sure why they included IN-OUT as everything is remembered by the IDB.

Why use TEMP's in OB's, why not?? Also in OB's there are already a number of TEMP's which carry info, like OB1 holds data like scantime etc, diagnostic OB's carry data regarding the error's that called it, etc etc

PeterW said:
IN - Input parameter, updated on entering the block
OUT - Output parameter, updated on leaving the block
IN-OUT - updated on entering and leaving the block
TEMP - Scratch flag,it has no memory and could be in any state, so you have to condition it before use.
STAT - In FB's only, internal memory for the FB, data stored in the instance DB
RET-VAL - I've never used this, I believe is you reset this on leaving then the RLO becomes false, i.e in ladder if a coil is after the block it will be off.

FC's - If you want to guarantee that data sent in via the parameters is in a state known to you and then you want to modify it, then use an IN-OUT. Although simple addresses are updated comples ones are not, so to be sure I would always use an IN-OUT.

FB's - not sure why they included IN-OUT as everything is remembered by the IDB.

Why use TEMP's in OB's, why not?? Also in OB's there are already a number of TEMP's which carry info, like OB1 holds data like scantime etc, diagnostic OB's carry data regarding the error's that called it, etc etc

RETVAL is a return value - OUTPUT

The ENO is conditioned by a SAVE instruction and is the status of the RLO just before the SAVE. If the ENO is not set, the rest of the calling rung will not execute.