E900 & E1100 connected to MELSEC (Transparent mode)

shamyl

I have a melsec FX2N 80MR PLC connected to two mitsubishi E900 HMIs in transparent mode in the following configuration:

............RS422...................... Ethernet
PLC <-------------> E900 <--------------> E900

Both of the E900s have expansion slots card for ethernet. Now I want to change the 2nd E900 with an E1100, such that the configuration becomes

............RS422...................... Ethernet
PLC <-------------> E900 <--------------> E1100

Can anyone please help me with the transparent mode settings for the E1100??

How do I convert the project? coz when i just change the unit in the project properties, there comes a warning that some objects are incompatible with the new unit and will be deleted!!!

Exactly. And anything it can convert will be converted.

That's the method for upgrading. I've not found anything that it deleted from any of my screens, as the new units have more features, not less.

Hmmm...

Just trying to upgrade a 700 to a 1060 myself.

Managed to get the app to talk to plc, when I loaded the software it failed to add the driver correctly, this I changed & got it working, however a couple of problems still exist.

1. I cannot get it to download via the 232 port & could only get it to download via FTP (ethernet)

Also cannot get HMI tools to talk to it (232) & even using ethernet it says error reading directory, this unit will have recipes downloaded to it from an SQL server via the plc.

But our usual startoff point is to download them using HMI Tools but cannot get it to connect.

I assume that the original Beijers HMI cable should work.

PLC is a Q series but uses the 422 port via a converter.

Hi Parky,

The RS232-port is not the same in E1000-series compared to old E-series, pins 2 and 3 are crossed (meaning that the E1000-port is equal to a PC-port). You will need to use a CAB30 or a CAB5 + CAB12 (CAB12 is a converter that crosses pin 2 and 3).

//Supporter

Yep just found that out today, used my 232 test lead, wonder if they do that just so you buy another lead?

Just managed to update all the recipes, it saves me downloading them one by one from SQL server.
All in all conversion is easy if you follow a few simple rules do not use scaleable fonts, check driver is on the correct port etc.