PanelView300 Comm to Momentum

solehm

We have a customer that wants to upgrade their existing system.

Currently, they have a PV300 communicating to SLC 5/03 using DF1 protocol. They want to replace the SLC with a Modicon Momentum PLC (for maintenance reason: they have a lot more Momentum PLCs than SLCs).

The question is: Can the existing PV300 communicate the Momentum? If so, what protocol can I use? Will we need to buy some type of converter in order for them to communicate? How difficult/easy will it to implement this modification? How will this affect the tags' addressings?

Please help.

First thing is what type of Momentum?
Does it have a comm adaptor, and if so, what type?

The only common protocol between these two devices that I can find is Devicenet. Tha part # for the DeviceNet-capable PV300 is a 2711-K3A10 and the associated Momentum DeviceNet Comm adaptor is part # 170LNT71000. It first between the IO base and the CPU.

Momentum part #: 171 CCC 980 30
It has an ethernet port.

Comm adaptor: 170 PNT 110 20, MB+ option adaptor

I there a DF-1 to ethernet converter I can use?

Also, how will this affect the PLC addressing? SLC use BX/XX, NX:X, etc while momentum use 00000X, 40000X, etc.

Thanks, SLC Integrator.

How about Panelview tag addressing issues? Can I just covert them from BX:X/X to 000XX, etc?

Im not sure how the DeviceNet part work in Momentum, having never done one. I guess once you map the Modbus address to the devicenet tag then you just point the PV at that address in the IO section of Panelbuilder.