micrologix1000 and panelview300 micro help

otrex

iam new at this, so be nice,,,lol
can anyone tell me if the 300 micro can control a timer, and can it change the a fifu outpout bit
and if so how do i address it

Last edited:
iam new at this, so be nice,,,lol
can anyone tell me if the 300 micro can control a timer, and can it change the a fifu outpout bit
and if so how do i address it

Yes, but. You may want to give us a little more info on what you are trying to do.

fifu??

Click on help, then instruction help

Then you can choose
FFU

I think you are looking for FFL/FFU [First In First Out Load/Unload]

But I am not sure why you would want to have a timer control this, what is your application doing?

using ffl/ffu to keep track of bad bottlers going down a conveyor thats allway on..they are comming from a labler . I need only a few shifts, to get to the reject,,but need to change the unload position , when we change lable size and also the time off delay on the reject

oh , also have a move instuction that moves " 0" after it unload , just incase they stop the labler,,,,cause the reject would stay on. can send logix if it would help

I have never used a 300 before... but you should just be able to address the preset buy using T4:0.PRE , this would be timer 0

To add to the above, it's usually better to write to an integer then check it's value for a valid number then move it to the timer preset ( T4:0.PRE) as subjected above.

thats great , but still dont know how to program the 300 with panelbuilder to do this ,,,; dont understand : tags: i did get b3 . bit to toggle with a monentery f1 key,, then i was lost with timer change and position of ffu...maybe i shoulf just keep the ffu and change the ffl, cause of the move instrution..does anybody have a pva file that i can look at.... iam a quick learner, some thing simple cange timer , change ffl location...this is all i need

Same idea as the B3... and Mickey is correct (again :) )

In the panelview make a tag and an unsigned interger, N7:0 (example address)

Then use a MOV in the PLC and move the N7:0 to T4:0.PRE

Same idea as the B3... and Mickey is correct (again :) )

In the panelview make a tag and an unsigned interger, N7:0 (example address)

Then use a MOV in the PLC and move the N7:0 to T4:0.PRE
ok,, for the timer to work for the reject and also put a counter to the # of bad parts....still need hepl in the shift....example ffl = N7:7/3 ffu = N7:2/3 . how can i tell panelview to change the the ffu to something like N7:4/3 or to change the ffl to N7:10/3.will need to change it not only one time but be able to change to any position that i want from the panel.

FFL/FFU pairs are used to move integers in a stack.

Your description appears to dealing with bits, so you may need to use a BSL or BSR instead (bit shift left, bit shift right).